Monday, July 28, 2008

In Their Own Words

This year's camp has come and gone and we're left with very fond memories.  One of the camper activities is to write about their favorite parts of the camp.  Below are a few examples of what our campers thought of their RFKC experience.

Why I like Royal Family Kids Camp

Boys' Comments

  • I like swimming, sailing, quilt, bug boxes, canoes, food, birthday boxes, speed boat, Camp grounds Staff.
  • The pond, archery, zipline, rope course, fishing, swimming, J Zone, lunch, dinner, breakfast, making bug box, birthday face painting, crafts, game room, staff, and counselors.
  • I like swimming, crafts, ropes, archery, activities, birthday boxes, chapel, speed boat and in room crafts, and exercises. I like Kid Royale and the songs.
  • We get to play in the jumping thing. We play a lot. We play games. We get to have time to play in our room. And we get to have a talent show. I like the presents that all the Royal Family Kids’ camp gave me.
  • I really liked the fishing, foot ball stuff, plus basket ball. I enjoyed building (he built a boat and a rabbit trap) and the celebration of birthday.
  • Games, archery, fishing, prizes, building, clowns, parties, food, the counselors, the painting, swimming. The puppets and the talent show.

Girls' Comments

  • I liked R.F.K.C. because it’s fun. You get to go fishing. They have great songs to sing. There is great councelors. R.F.K.C. is a great camp. I hope anyone who comes next year has fun.
  • I like camp because you can have quilts. And I like camp because you can swim all week and on Monday’s you can do activities too! You can always have fun!!!! Do fun things!
  • I like beads, painting, dress-up, and desserts. I like Katy, my counselor and the song DESTINY. I like swimming, the birthday party, cookies, cup cakes, the quilt, and my roommates.
  • I like camping, swimming, polar bear swim. I like [camper's name], Katie, Jerrilene, [camper's name], [camper's name], “Grandma”, Vikki, Jenn, fishing, Miss Attitude, and the Bunk beds. I like the birthday party, b-day gifts, Canada and Canada Day. The talent show, crafts and activities, play dough, all of camp everyone in camp and Jerrilene again.
  • I like swimming, play catch, Birthday Party and my presents and the cupcakes, hair stuff, my bunny, the zipline, JZone and singing “Destiny” and “I’m A Star”. I like my blanket and water bottle, being in my room with my counselor and the other girls. I like to trust the Lord. I like the projects and my bed, the stickers, dress-up, I like being here at camp. I like being brave. I like the sombreros and boas in the bedroom. I like to run. I like to paint my fingernails. I like the puppets and Kid Royale. I like the talent show and the food. I like the new shoes too. That’s it.
  • I like painting, beads, and swimming. I like the songs “Pharaoh” and “Destiny”. I like the birthday party, cupcakes, dinner, lunch, snacks, and breakfast. I like counselors. I like the zipline and my beautiful bear with the kitty. My quilt, shoes, what my name means, daily surprises, my Bible and my story about Moses.

No comments: